Tuesday 6 July 2010

Couture, Darling!

I've never really taken much notice of Dior's couture collections until now. The last few seasons have always been so theatrically themed, with each piece being so directed towards it (ie The S/S09 My Fair Lady-esque collection). I have to admit, I may really love this collection because I adore anything floral; But this collection does floral in a huge way, and not in just using floral prints, Galliano has managed to create individual pieces to actually resemble flowers... Really really spectacular stuff.
I'm particularly marveling at the ombre effects on some of the pieces. Makes you think how technology and computers have actually helped fashion go beyond even more boundaries (with digital fabrications and texture creations etc.).

Source: Style.com


FollowFor the Love of Gracia!

0 comments:

Post a Comment